Inspiring a Generation
Over the past four years, V4C has been piloting several approaches to tackle the social norms underpinning gender inequality that are challenging some of the conventional ways of delivering gender-based development. Much of our work has been experimental, using a range of interventions adopted from the commercial sector, including an extensive programme of behaviour change communications, social marketing and digital engagement. The space to design and apply innovative approaches alongside more tried and tested ones has been a defining aspect of V4C – we believe that it has been absolutely critical to the success achieved so far.
Inspiring a Generation (pdf) is a review of the programme and a celebration of the achievements made by V4C, its partners and the young women and men and their supporters now taking positive action as a result of our work.
Results and case studies
Whilst informed by evidence, the approach adopted by V4C is innovative and largely untested, both globally as well as in Nigeria. The programme is therefore understood as a pilot to be used to develop the evidence base around approaches to tackling social norms underpinning gender inequality.
- Voices for Change summary of results (June 2017)
- The Impact of V4C in Enugu and Kaduna States (March 2017)
The case studies accessed from this page capture some of the significant changes resulting amongst our partners and the contribution V4C has made to catalysing these changes. Case studies are all based on ongoing work and will be periodically updated to explain how the situation is developing.
- Case Studies on: V4C Purple E-spaces (September 2017)
- Purple E-spaces: young people change their views on gender, and are speaking up and influencing others
- Case Studies on: Radio stations, religious leaders, traditional leaders and legislative reform (December 2016, Word doc)
- Strengthening mechanisms that support gender responsive legislation
- Radio station staff start to believe in gender equality
- Religious leaders speak up for gender equality
- Traditional leaders advocate for female leaders and decision makers